Fresca-rita on the rocks
- Fill a glass up with ice
- pour 1 part tequila (your choice)
- pour 2 parts Fresca
- stir and Enjoy!
Thai Catfish Cakes- Courtesy of Hungry Monkey by Matthew Amster Burton (with a few revisions)
1lb catfish fillets
1/2 lb salad shrimp (ask your local butcher block)
1/4 cup minced shallot
1/4 cup minced cilantro
1/4 cup minced green onion
1-2 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon Thai curry paste
1 tablespoon olive oil
Thai sweet chili sauce for dipping
large lettuce leaves (bundle of romaine will work good)
oil for frying
- Cut the catfish and shrimp into small chunks and place in a food processor. Pulse until seafood turns into a coarse paste. (about 5 one-second pulses)
- Combine the rest of the ingredients into food processor and pulse a few more times until everything is mixed together. It will be a loose mixture.
- Heat several tablespoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet of medium-high. Form the the fish mixture into 2in patties, adding each fish cake to the pan as you form it. Fry the fish cakes until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side and serve immediately. They don't hold or reheat well.
- Wrap fishcakes in lettuce leaves and dip in chili sauce, serve with brown rice and a warm bottle of sake to get the full Oriental effect.
Olivia playing in the cupboards while my most amazingly personal chef (AKA hubba wubba) cooked this most amazingly delicious dinner!