Friday, June 11, 2010

In a Funk

I have been in a funk the last few days- it might be due to the fact that it is the middle of June and only 50 degrees out or it might be due to the fact that I am so sick of stressing about the future and about our horrible bout of luck with cars or lack of. We have been informed that my hubba wubba did not get the job back home (which we are not all that bummed about) but now it leaves us with the house hunting and house buying process here. (kind of scared but excited to have something of our own)

My Subaru is still broke, and still needs an engine (which we do not have all the money for) and the hubba wubba's vehicle is on the fritz- and unfortunately the car buying process is far more stressful to me than buying a house. Mainly because the banks have no problem giving us a mortgage but god freaking forbid if we need $10,000 for a vehicle. Then they want a co signer and everything. They say we don't have enough established credit, but they also never give us the oppurtunity to obtain some so I don't know what in the hell they think we should do. (especially in the middle of Montana)

On the bright side of things, I am babysitting 3 pre-teens today and we are making cupcakes and frosting thanks to the wonderful recipes at A Cuppy Cake Life. I absolutely love all the delicous ideas shown there. The funny part is that the kids do not know that I replace the oil with applesauce to make them healthier. The hubba wubba and I will be making rhubarb cupcakes soon from the fresh rhubarb in our backyard. (yea!!!)

How do you get out of your funks? I would love to hear from everyone, I am hoping these cupcakes will help with mine!!!

I am linking up with New Friend Friday at DillyDally and Flitter
The Girl Creative

5 comments:

  1. Just hopping by from New Friend Friday! Sounds like bad luck with the cars. I love rhubarb! I grew up in your neighbor state to the east and up there they make rhubarb pudding, yumm-o!

    Getting out of funks.. hmm... I have to be creative! If I can do a project, even baking, and have time to finish it (let's not talk scrapbooking, queen of unfinished layouts) then I feel better about myself. Hope you de-funked soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I'm stopping by to say "HI!" from New Friend Friday as well! I can feel your pain with being in a funk creatively, but I would say just START. Once you get into a craft the mojo comes flowing back. Let's continue to inspire each other! I'll be back for more inspiration- so keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart rhubarb! I posted up my Great-Grandmother's Strawberry Rhubarb pie recipe a while back!

    I also awarded you something....thought you'd be interested :)

    http://straightstitches.blogspot.com/2010/06/guess-who-likes-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate being in funks, lol. I got myself motivated today by taking lots of pictures! Photos I can post throughout the week. Good luck getting out of your funk... and good luck with the house hunting. :)

    ReplyDelete

I heart comments!