The other night, I made a delicious Butternut Squash Pizza. It was a play off of this recipe from allrecipes.com.
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 butternut squash - peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) package refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Place sliced onion and squash in a roasting pan. Sprinkle with rosemary, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil; toss to coat.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until onions are lightly browned and squash is tender; set aside.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). On a floured surface, roll each ball of dough into an 8 inch round. Place the rounds on a baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal (you may need 2 baking sheets depending on their size). Distribute squash mixture over the two rounds and continue baking for 10 minutes, checking occasionally, or until the crust is firm. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining tablespoon olive oil. Cut into quarters, and serve.
Now, the above recipe is where I drew my inspiration from. I however, used a premade pizza crust that was on a super sale in the bakery dept. I then made a garlic paste using minced garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and a little bit of flour for thickness.
Spread that onto the crust, then put on the butter nut squash, onions, more garlic, rosemary, and just because we wanted a fancy pizza we put some feta crumbles and some prosciutto. We topped it off with nice thin slices of tomato.
I hope you enjoy this, we sure did, especially with a fabulous bottle of red wine. MMM!
I also made caramel apples the other day, which everyone else like but I could not eat. I tried but for some reason it bothered my teeth.
Hope everyone is enjoying the last of beautiful fall days. We sure are, this is my little princess sporting her father's orange hunting vest from when he was that age. His mom made it for him 26 yrs ago.
We have been taking lots of long beautiful walks through the town and even hit up some thrift stores where I purchased the flannel shirt I am sporting. It is a Ralph Lauren in the men's section and was only $3.00 and is super comfortable.
Have a great day everyone!