Saturday, September 11, 2010

9 years ago

Nine years ago today, it was a chilly Tuesday in Wyoming.

I was in the ninth grade and new to that school since I was homeschooled 7th and 8th grade.

I remember alot of whisper and chatter in first period, but I had no idea what was going on. 

Down to the basement I went for 2nd period, it was Spanish.

Mrs. Shuck informed us that the WTC had been hit with a plane, we all sat their at listened to the radio and turned on a little TV. 

I remember just feeling more sick to my stomach by the second, and finally went home to my mom and dad. 

I proceeded to watch the TV all day, I will never forget that feeling in the pit of my stomach as I watched these poor people jumping out of windows to escape the horror inside the buildings.

That is my account of that life changing day Sept. 11, 2001.

A few years later, I went on a mission trip with a friend from church the summer that I turned 16.   I did go to ground zero and the emptiness there was indescribable.  There were still memorials everywhere, and a giant fence surrounding the area.


Today I have watched a few shows on the History Channel dedicated to 9/11, and they have been a chilling reminder to NEVER forget all the beautiful lives lost that day.  Mothers, Fathers, brothers, sisters, friends and the like.  All of the policeman, fireman, EMS, good Samaritans, and everyone else that risked their live so that they may save another.

It is so saddening to see all of the hate in the media the last few weeks, especially the Pastor from Florida!  I really hope that he does not follow through with the Quran burning, it will not make things better for America or our troops overseas, and I pray that he realizes this.

Obama made a speech today and one sentence really touched me, "We were not attacked by a religion that day, we were attacked by Al Qeda."

America was founded by men and women who came here to escape religious persecution, how American is it then, to burn another religions literature?? 

That kind of action will only provoke the extremists, and make things so much worse.  I hope that people in America can be the bigger person, and look past someone's religion, and see the person for who they really are.

I pray that everyone today can take one minute out of their day to give thanks for all of our emergency personnel, service men and women, and I pray that everyone may treat each other as they would want to be treated, regardless of religion, color, gender.

Hope everyone has a great day,

Olivia and I are recovering from a cold, so I will probably do some cleaning and sewing.

What are you doing this weekend??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!